I. Information We Collect
The personal information the company may request includes:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Information relating to educational and professional experience, curriculum vitae (CV), and references
- Recruiting information required by applicable law
- Internet Protocol address
- Physical address
FSC Edge may also take the personal information received from individuals responding to its surveys, remove any personally identifying information, such as names and phone numbers, to create anonymous profiles (“profiles”), and combine (or aggregate) it with the other profiles. These combined profiles may contain information about the gender, age, education, employment, industry sector, or other demographic information of its customers, which FSC Edge uses to improve the quality of its services and to develop new services and products. These combined profiles may be shared with third parties.
When individuals browse the website, FSC Edge also automatically collects and aggregates other information about the person using cookies, tracking pixels, and related tracking technologies. These tracking technologies may be implemented and placed by FSC Edge or by third-party vendors on FSC Edge’s behalf (for example, information about how many web pages were used, what hyperlinks were clicked, access times and number of visits). This information is anonymous and used for internal analysis only.
FSC Edge uses Google Analytics to collect and process information about an individual’s use of the website. Google sets cookies on a person’s browser or device, and the web browser then automatically sends information to Google. Google uses this information to provide FSC Edge with reports to help the company understand and measure how users interact with the website.
Cookies are small data files stored on a hard drive by the website. Cookies do many different jobs, such as letting individuals navigate between pages efficiently, remembering preferences, and generally improving the user experience.
Cookies Used on FSC Edge Websites
FSC Edge uses the following cookies on its websites:
- Session cookies, which are essential to enable users to move around FSC Edge’s website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website.
- Performance cookies, which allow the company to see which areas and features are popular and to count visits to its websites. These cookies do not collect information that identifies an individual visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works.
- Functionality cookies, which allow the website to remember choices an individual makes (such as language or region) and provide enhanced, more personal features to improve an individual’s experience. These cookies are required for basic site functionality and therefore are always enabled. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized, and they cannot track browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting cookies, which are used for web analytics purposes. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
FSC Edge may also collect information by periodically conducting business and individual customer surveys. These surveys help the company to improve the types of products and services offered and how it provides them.
Do Not Track
Because FSC Edge automatically places and processes cookies and other tracking technologies, it currently does not honor “Do Not Track” requests.
III. The Purposes for Which FSC Edge Collects Personal Information
FSC Edge collects personal information for the following purposes:
- Operate and improve services
- Understand an individual and their preferences to enhance the experience and enjoyment using the services
- Respond to comments and questions and provide customer service
- Provide and deliver requested products and services
- Send related information to individuals, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- Communicate with individuals about products and services offered by FSC Edge
- Create an individual profile for each person to enhance user experience
- This occurs after the submission of information to FSC Edge and consent for this action.
- Track and analyze activity on its website
- Enable FSC Edge to comply with regulatory requirements
IV. Customer Contact
When individuals provide FSC Edge with an email and other contact information, they authorize FSC Edge to contact them in accordance with this policy and its terms of service. FSC Edge may use the information it collects to contact an individual by email to provide news and updates related to FSC Edge products and services, invitations to events hosted by FSC Edge and by other industry organizations, notices of new promotions, and information on other similar events.
FSC Edge may also contact an individual by email to respond to comments and questions, notify them of any changes to their account, or to send information regarding our services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative message. Individuals may opt out of receiving marketing emails by following the directions in the marketing email.
FSC Edge will not sell personal information. However, it may share personal information with any member of its group, including affiliates and subsidiaries.
FSC Edge may share personal information with third parties and/or service providers that provide services for the company. For example, it may share personal information with vendors to help host and manage the website, support and maintain software, and deliver products for the company.
The company may also share personal information with third parties where it is necessary to:
- Conform to legal requirements or comply with a legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order
- Protect and defend the rights or property of FSC Edge
- Enforce a license and services agreement
- With trusted third-party business partners, suppliers, or subcontractors
- In the event of sale, merger, joint venture, or reorganization
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
VII. Access from Outside the United States
If an individual accesses this website from outside the United States, be aware that personal information may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in the United States. Certain governmental authorities may not consider the level of protection of personal information in the United States to be equivalent to that required by the other jurisdictions.
VIII. Social Media
FSC Edge is active on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, and LinkedIn (“social media”). Anything posted on social media is public information and will not be treated confidentially. FSC Edge may post (or repost) on the website and its social media pages any comments or content that an individual posts on its social media pages.
An individual’s use of social media is governed by the privacy policies and terms of the providers that own and operate those websites and not by this policy. FSC Edge encourages individuals to review those policies and terms.
IX. Users in the European Union
For purposes of this section, the terms “personal data,” “processing,” and “automated decision” have the same meanings set forth under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”). THIS SECTION ONLY APPLIES TO YOU IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN THE EU.
Legal Basis for Processing
When FSC Edge processes personal data, it has a legal basis for doing so as required under GDPR. FSC Edge will only process your personal data if:
- It has received an individual’s express opt-in consent for such processing
- The processing is necessary for performance of a contract
- The processing is necessary for a legal obligation to which FSC Edge is subject
- The processing is necessary to protect vital interests
- The processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest
- If FSC Edge or a third party has a legitimate interest that is not overridden by an individual’s interests or fundamental rights and freedoms
Right to Withdraw Consent
In the event an individual provides consent for FSC Edge to process personal data, they may withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request such change.
FSC Edge does not process personal data for the purpose of marketing without first obtaining express, opt-in consent or having a legitimate interest for doing so. An individual has the right to object to the processing of personal data for marketing purposes at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Automated Decision Making
FSC Edge does not make any automated decisions on an individual’s behalf or about them without first obtaining express, opt-in consent. In the event FSC Edge secures consent to do so, an individual has the right to object to the processing of personal data via automated decision making at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Rights and Choices
GDPR provides certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, an individual may have the following rights under GDPR, although some exceptions apply. FSC Edge will comply with any requests made relating to the following rights if required by applicable law. The company may require individuals to prove their identity before FSC Edge modifies, provides, deletes, or transfers your personal data.
- Right of Access: An individual has the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data FSC Edge processes about them. This allows them to receive a copy of the personal data FSC Edge holds.
- Right to Rectification: An individual has the right to request that FSC Edge amend or update inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Right to Erasure (Deletion): Under certain circumstances, an individual has the right to request deletion of personal data.
- Right to Restrict: Under certain circumstances, an individual has the right to request that FSC Edge temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of the personal data.
- Right to Object: Under certain circumstances, an individual has the right to object to FSC Edge processing personal data, such as for direct marketing purposes or when automated decision making is used.
- Right to Data Portability: An individual has the right to request a copy of their personal data in electronic format and further request that FSC Edge sends such personal data to another party.
- Communication Preferences and Opt-Outs: An individual has the right to stop receiving communications from FSC Edge at any time by contacting email@example.com, at no additional cost.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: An individual has the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority. Although they are not legally required to do so, FSC Edge asks that individuals first contact the company so it can make reasonable efforts to address the complaint.
Transfer to Third Parties and Countries
FSC Edge will only transfer EU data subject’s personal data to third parties located outside of the EU when it has ensured appropriate safeguards for such personal data, such as through the standard contractual clauses with such third party. FSC Edge may also be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
X. California Residents
This section applies only to California consumers acting in their individual capacity. In this section only, any capitalized terms not defined in this policy have the meanings set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 as it may be amended (the “CCPA”).
Collection, Source, Purpose, and Sharing of Personal Information
Categories of Personal Information
FSC Edge collects the following categories of personal information:
- Customer Records
- Internet Activity
- Employment Information
- Education Information
Categories of Sources from which Personal Information is Collected
FSC Edge collects personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
FSC Edge’s purposes for collecting personal information are described in Section III of this policy.
Categories of Third Parties/Service Providers with whom Personal Information is Shared
The categories of third parties and/or service providers with whom FSC Edge shares personal information are described in Section V of this policy.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose
In the last 12 months, FSC Edge disclosed the following categories of personal information for its Business Purposes, where “Business Purposes” has the definition set forth in the CCPA:
- Customer Records
- Internet Activity
- Employment Information
- Education Information
FSC Edge Does Not Sell Personal Information
In the last 12 months, FSC Edge has not Sold personal information, and it currently does not Sell personal information. “Sold”/”Sell” has the definition set forth in the CCPA.
Right to Know. California residents have the right to request access to the following information: (a) the categories of personal information collected in the prior 12-month period, (b) the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, (c) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or Sold personal information, (d) the categories of personal information Sold to third parties or otherwise disclosed for a business purpose in the prior 12-month period, and (e) the categories of third parties to whom FSC Edge Sold or shared personal information.
Right to Access. You have a right to request that FSC Edge disclose the specific pieces of personal information collected about you in the prior 12-month period.
Right to Deletion. You have a right to request that FSC Edge delete personal information collected from you.
How to Exercise Your Rights of Access and Deletion. To exercise your California rights described in this section, you may submit your request by emailing privacy@FSC Edgesolution.com.
Who May Exercise Your Right to Know, Access and Deletion. You may make a request to exercise the above rights to know, access and deletion on behalf of yourself or on behalf of a child if you are a parent or legal guardian of the child. In addition, you may authorize an agent to exercise these rights on your behalf, if you provide the agent with written permission and, if the agent is a business, the agent is registered with the California Secretary of State. If an authorized agent contacts FSC Edge to exercise the above rights, it will need to verify their identity as well as your identity. It will also require proof of your written authorization to the agent both to act as your agent and to submit the particular request to FSC Edge, unless the agent is subject to a Power of Attorney under California probate laws.
Verification of Your Request to Know, Access and Deletion. After FSC Edge receives your request, it will contact you to confirm receipt of your request. In addition, it may contact you to provide additional information to allow the company to verify your identity based on the personal information in its systems. In order to verify your request, you must provide sufficient information that allows FSC Edge to reasonably verify you are the person that is the subject of the personal information you have requested. This information may vary depending on the personal information FSC Edge already has. Certain types of requests may require additional verification to ensure you are who you say you are. If you have used an agent to make your request, FSC Edge will also need to verify the identity of the agent. Verification of your request may require you, or your agent if applicable, to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury verifying identity. FSC Edge may deny your request as permitted by law, if it is unable to verify your identity, or if an agent makes the request on your behalf, if FSC Edge is unable to verify their identity or proof of their authorization.
When We Will Respond to Your Request to Know, Access and Deletion. FSC Edge will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days. It will try to respond to your request within 45 calendar days. If it requires additional time to respond, FSC Edge will inform you of the reason and may take an additional 45 calendar days to respond. Any disclosures provided will only cover the 12-month period preceding the company’s receipt of your request. FSC Edge may charge a fee to process or respond to your request if it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded.
Shine the Light. California residents have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom it has shared their personal information for marketing purposes during the previous calendar year and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please email FSC Edge by using the “Contact Us” section of the website and include the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, along with your name, address, and email address. FSC Edge will respond to you within 30 days of receiving such a request.
XI. Public Forums
Remember that any information disclosed in any “Subscriber Directory,” or other public areas of FSC Edge websites or the internet, becomes public information. An individual should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas.
XII. Company Commitment to Data Security
FSC Edge uses commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures to help secure personal information against loss, misuse, and alteration appropriate to the type of personal information processed. If a breach of personal information occurs, FSC Edge will notify an individual of the breach if required under applicable law.
You understand that no data transmission over the internet or device can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While FSC Edge strives to protect personal information, it does not guarantee the security of personal information, and an individual provides personal information at their own risk.
If you feel that your complaint has not been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
XIV. Revisions to This Policy
System editor: FSC Edge
Registered address: 13831 Chalco Valley Pkwy, Ste 300, Omaha, NE 68138
Telephone: +1 402.513.0822
Publication Director: Christian Kaefer
Hosting: WP Engine, 229 Millwork Ave, Suite 301, Omaha, NE 60148, United States, +1 402.235.6105